24 August 2008

Baseball Fever

This post is all about me. I just got back from a sweet weekend trip! Being the huge baseball fan that I am, I felt I had to get back east to see a baseball game at historical Yankee Stadium. For those out of the loop ie-not into sports, this is the last year that Yankee Stadium will be used, they are tearing it down to make room for a newer, larger, more extravagant stadium. Yankee Stadium is full of history. The house that Ruth built! As in Babe Ruth. It's been the home of the Yankees since the 1920's. Anyway, last Saturday, I did it. I went with my brother Danny, two guys from the Young Men's Presidency, and a couple of their friends. There was 6 of us total. We had a blast. We saw the Yankees play on, eh-hem, Sunday, the New York Giants (football) play on Monday, and the New York Mets played on Tuesday. The Yankees game was a blast. We had awesome seats on field level in Left Field, just a few rows back. We saw a grand slam, several home runs, and a great offensive game. I am not even a Yankees fan, though after seeing a game in their own stadium makes it more enjoyable to watch them. The stadium was in the Bronx, a bad part of town, in a rough neighborhood that is run down and dirty. But there it stands, right off the subway stop, majestic, historical Yankee Stadium. The Giants game was awesome as well. It was only preseason, but still a blast. That was my first NFL game. The Mets game was pretty fun too. When not traveling to games, we saw all the sites New York City had to offer. Times Square, Wall Street, Subways, City Hall, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, WTC site, WTC memorial, Empire State Building, Carnegie Hall, and Central Park to name a few. We even saw the old church that The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man crushes in Ghostbusters. We had so much fun, those of you that know Danny need to ask him about his corn row hairdo. The pictures from top to bottom are the group of us in Times Square, a wide angle shot of Yankee Stadium, and me with Yankee Stadium behind me. That last picture was taken from our seats so you can see how good we had it. I will post a few more pictures on here on the next post, but that's that. Awesome trip. Ask me about it sometime. And ask Danny about his list of the top 5 worst things he spent 10 bucks on while there. It's quite entertaining.

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun times, you lucky duck. I'm glad you had fun. Yeah, we will be around in Sept. We have plans the weekend of the 20th, but other than that, we will be here. Let us know when you are thinking. And about Eli's tongue, yeah, let's talk. We've noticed a big improvement in lots of areas in just the 3 days since surgery. We're happy to share what we've learned.

Nicole said...

You are a spoiled little thing aren't you? I am so glad you had fun out there, you deserve it. This is a trip you will remember for the rest of your life. Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you the world traveler. I am jealous of the football game. That is my dream to see a live game. Did you get to watch Eli play? That boy is definitly the cuter of the Manning boys!

Julia said...

Chad-glad to hear you got away for some fun. Had Matt gone with you, you would have had to explain the basics...three strikes=an out, etc. (just kidding, Matty...sort of).

So, where does Rebecca get to go for a fun trip now? Gotta keep it even, right?

Dustan and Micayla said...

Wow--what a fun trip and with just the boys...SCORE!! Dustan keeps talking about doing that...next time you plan one, let him know! How fun!

The Sumsions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sumsions said...

I have to say I'm totally jealous. We saw a Giants game while visting some friends who live near San Fran. I had no idea how much fun major league baseball was in person. It just doesn't even compare to minor league! Much more fun. And you also got an NFL game too - that's an awesome trip! I'm ever so looking forward to football! I had no idea the Stay-Puft church even existed but that is funny. Ghostbusters is a classic. I hope your wife gets some girl time after all your running around :)

Hendricksonblog said...

She gets to be pregnant. Isnt that a treat and just like a vacation? It looks like fun although I must admit I only like baseball for their butts in the pin stripes.

Amy said...

Hey! I want to see more pictures and hear all about the lame things to spend $10 on. What a fun trip. We went there last summer and only spent one day in the city, the rest was in the Hamptons. I wish we would have spent more time in the city. Anyway, yea, I finally updated!!! Now lets see more of those pictures...

Rob and Meish said...

We are so jealous. One of these days we will make it to a Yankees game. Thanks for calling when they announced Jeter. That was the highlight of our day!!!

Squirt said...

CHAD! It's me Emily N! Amy's little sister! I had no idea you had a blog!!!!! That is sooo cool. Guess what? I have one too. You should check it out! Just click on Squirt on Amy's blog. All my siblings call me Squirt, and most of their friends too. Yes I am going to college now, so you can feel old, just wait until your kids go to college though. ;)

Vanisi Family said...

Dear Chad,
That is sooo one month ago! How about a new post?
:)

Anonymous said...

Great work.