23 October 2008

Oops, We Did It Again

Yep, you guessed it, we went to a Britney Spears concert. Haha. I wish. At least I wish maybe 5 years ago when she was still normal and hot. Note to my friends that can not keep up by way of disclaimer: We did not really go to a Britney Spears concert. We went to......wait for it.......DISNEYLAND.


So this post is going to be unique. See, I want to keep with tradition and write about everyone in the family, but I also have a lot of pictures to mix in, and I am going to break down and respond to those dumb blogger tag things, sort of. So this is going to all be mixed into one long entry. Also, be sure to read the whole thing, because I am going to bounce an idea off of you guys for input. So this post is going to require that you comment back to us, that your advice be truly heard. Ok. So here it goes.



Yeah, a week in Disneyland goes by way too fast. We have such a ritual now. Drive down. Stop in Vegas for lunch at In-N-Out Burger. I love the place. So does the rest of the family. From there we cruise on into Anaheim. From there, its a week long mix of Disneyland and the Beach. We always eat at the Blue Bayou Restaurant while there. That's the restaurant that you see when you ride Pirates. It's claim is that they have the best Monte Cristo Sandwich ever. The food is good, but most of all the atmosphere is just so fun. Our time in Disneyland is spent everywhere. We go on Pirates of the Caribbean the most. My favorite ride is Thunder Mountain Railroad, as is Tierra's. I also enjoy the Halloween version of the Haunted Mansion because they make it like the Nightmare Before Christmas. It's such a great movie, so why not make it a theme ride? Right? Our kids may be on the verge of spoiled, because their behavior sure has not warranted a trip to Disneyland lately. We love to go, so our kids reap the beni's of having parents that love the place.


Ok, for the first tag thingy... 6 quirky things about me, I am suppose to share 6 unspectacular things about me...I think Rebecca would be better at this, but she has already gone to bed,so here it goes:

1-No matter what time I have set to get up, I have to push snooze at least a few times. I don't know what it is. I just can't crawl out of bed at first alarm. (Exception to this rule: while working in the fire station, obviously I suppose.) This said, believe it or not, I am more a morning person now than I ever have been. I know, college roommates and friends are calling me on this one, seriously though. I don't know what or when it happened. Anyway, number 1 is I must snooze.

2- I always read the last page of whatever book first. I don't know why or where I picked up this habit. I just like the foreshadowing. Let's be honest, there are not many books that all culminate on the last page anyway, so it really doesn't reveal much. Except once, when it was a farewell of sorts to a guy that ended up being the main character. I got over it though. I can't even remember what book it was. When I say the last page, I honestly mean the last page. Whether it be the whole page or a paragraph. I never read the second to last page, except when I get there naturally in the book.

3. Wearing socks with sandals. Not just myself, but anyone who does this. Seriously, it just doesn't work if you are over the age of 12 okay? Need I say more. I am not the guy to ask, but I am sure it breaks some fashion rule as well.

4. Drivers in front of emergency vehicles, especially when I am driving. Seriously people, pull to the right. Is it that hard? At a very minimum, stop, right where you are, it doesn't matter. That would be better than what 90 percent of you do...try to beat us to that next turn, or pull to the left. Let's think logically here for a minute... I am driving a twelve thousand pound plus large vehicle, you are in a Yugo...who would win this collision war? The lug nut rule alone smokes you. Did everyone skip the day in drivers ed when this was taught? It really is not that hard. Seriously.

5. The guys at the gym that feel it necessary to grunt at the top of their lungs, and the guys that walk around sucking on their protein shakes while they are there. We get it, your a gym freak, okay? Is the protein shake really necessary at that moment in time. You just couldn't wait to be done and in your car, you must have it between sets that you grunt during right? And the grunt...does it make it a better work out if you exude loudness? If you have to grunt and moan, maybe take a plate or two off the bar and add a rep? I am not a personal trainer, but I can't recall a time when grunting has been necessary. I will give a pass to the guys that have one slip out once in a while, because I understand that happens, but each rep should not need a grunt. Stop grunting and eat your shake. Geez.

6. My clothes have to come out of the dryer right when the dryer finishes. It saves me having to IRON them, and I love the warm clothes feeling as I put them away. This means Rebecca has been banned from doing my laundry. (Aren't I an amazing husband for doing my own?!) It drives me absolutely crazy when clothes are left in the dryer. Especially my uniform shirts that need to look somewhat decent and not wrinkled. If you pull them out right when the dryer finishes, they have this self ironing feature that is awesome. If left in, they wrinkle and you have to either iron them, or do what I do and get them wet again and re-dry them. Laziness knows no bounds when it comes to irons. So those are my quirks. I am sure Rebecca's list for my quirks are different. Ask her, see what she says. Oh, and I am not tagging anyone, nope, I am breaking the blog tag right here.

So what else? We sold our car and bought a new car. New to us. If I think about it I will take pictures of it and put them on the next entry in a few weeks. Until then, I will save the suspense for next time. I held true to my no mini-van vows. That's all I will say for now. Most of you know what the car is anyway because you have seen it, but for those who don't...this waiting is for you.

The pregnancy is going great for me. For Rebecca, not great, but okay. She has really learned how to manage it and control her sick feelings. She has days that are better than others, but for the most part, from my point of view, this one is the best of the three.

Oh yeah, more about Disneyland...while there, I saw the actor that played Ned Ryerson. It was awesome. He looked exactly the same. I wanted to run up an yell NED RYERSON! I didn't. I also got my picture taken with the famous actress from the movie "Fear of Clowns." If Rebecca's friend that took the picture emails me a copy, I will put it on here. We hung out with Rebecca's old roommate from Virginia for half of a day. It was her first time ever in Disneyland and she is 30 something. Poor girl. She didn't want her picture to be put in the blog, but it's going in. She's the one in the Dumbo with Rebecca. This is a lot more pictures than we usually include, but what the heck, its a long post and I know most of you only look quickly at the pictures anyway.

Next tag thing...7 things or something like that...
7 things I can do
I can ride a unicycle
I can Juggle
I can stay up late blogging
I can sing the rap part on Groove is in the Heart by Deeelight. (it took me hours to memorize it in 10th grade, but I have never forgotten it!)
I can eat In-N-Out Burger every day if it were closer
I can crawl through a building that's on fire
I can, that's it "I can"

7 things I can't do

I can't get into music on blogs...sorry for those that do it.

I can't sing

I can't wait to ski this year

I can't juggle and ride a unicycle at the same time. I tried, it hurt me.

I can't snowboard

I can't breathe underwater-but I wish I could

I can't stand people that use the phrase "Back in the day..." when they are younger than me.

7 things that attracted me to Rebecca (I am assuming I put my own spouse in here right Angie, or did you want me to talk about Jared as well?):

She loved to travel

She loved to cook

She laughed at my dumb jokes...honestly I know they are dumb, I don't care.

She talked back to my crap I dished

She liked to watch sports

Did I already say she could cook?

She is smarter than me.

7 things I say most often
Clean up those toys
"Weird"
"Are you kidding me?"
"Seriously?"
Rebecca will you go get the mail?
Whats for Dinner
??????????

7 celebrities I admire: ( I chose these because mostly they are all hot, except for Ted Nugent, he's just cool- in all honesty, I have very little respect for celebrities)

Ted Nugent

Kate Beckensale

Jessica Alba

Hayden Panitterie (it's ok since she is 18 now)

Meg Ryan- Iknow she's 40 plus, but c'mon!

Alisha Silverstone

The girl from Fear of Clowns- Jacky Something

Ned Ryerson, ok, that's 8 I know, but I love Ned Ryerson now that he goes to Disneyland

7 Favorite foods
Roast
Smashed Potatoes
Homemade Rolls
Homemade Sweet Rolls
PB and J toast
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Hot Dogs at baseball games

There, I did it. Again, no one is tagged, unless you are the person that never got picked in gym class, I pick, er tag, you! Go for it dude!

Now for the idea I want to bounce off of you guys....Oh, I am not updating each of us, I will do that later this week or next. Ok, the idea. Rebecca and I both love to write. Ever since we have known each other Rebecca's mom has told us we should do a magazine, or a book or something. For a long time she has told us to do a "He Said, She Said" thing where we both offer our opinions and points of view on varying topics. So I came up with an idea to do a separate blog with this in mind. My question is, what do you think? And if you think we should give it a try, what would you want us to sound off on? Just some thoughts, so leave us a comment and let us know.

Happy Halloween Everyone.

13 comments:

Julia said...

Chadly,

Such a long post demands a long comment.

1)Neener-neener-neener. We have In-N-Out at our fingertips daily. Then again, you guys have Disneyland at your fingertips almost daily, so touché.

2)Before I ever met you, Matt told me that Chad was the guy who NEVER got out of bed on time and ALWAYS hit snooze a million times. Chad was the one who was late to morning classes, or missed them all together. I also remember hearing stories about large quantities of mashed potatoes, and skiing on the Sabbath.

3)Geez, it's great to know someone else who reads the last page of a book first!! I didn't ever do it with the Twighlight series, though. I had to savor every delicious page, and every moment of suspense.

4)Just hire Brad to iron your clothes to a crisp (I wish Schreck had a blog. I miss him.). Before I met Brad, Matt had me convinced that the guy even ironed his underwear (his own unders, not Matt's). I totally share your delight when it comes to warm, wrinkle free clothes, though.

5)At least tell The Rainman of Cars what you bought. You know Matt won't be your honey anymore if you leave HIM out of the loop. (I'm sure Matt really appreciates me being his online spokesperson.)

6)The "He Said, She Said" thing is great. I will think on it and get back to you with ideas. There will be no shortage of ideas for this one...

Aimee said...

I so enjoy your blog. Have I ever told you that? Well, I do. I am with Julia - how do you leave a short comment on such a long post?

a. What the? Jer and I LOVE Disneyland, but we try to discipline ourselves. How can you stand the drive? That's the part that makes me crazy. Okay, maybe it's because right now you still have only 2 children. We have three.. three is different than two. I promise. Especially in the car. And, Josh is 10. Can I tell you how hard it is to parent a ten year old boy? We are so to the "mom, she looked at me" stage!

b. You are not a morning person. I don't care if there are lives at stake.. you don't get up in the morning. Okay, maybe you've changed. I know I have .. a little. But, I am with Matt - you rarely made it to your first class. And the funny thing is that when you are in college you can have school start at 10am if you want! You don't have to catch the bus or go to early morning football.

c. Yes, I also remember Brad ironing EVERYTHING. It was spiritual for him. It was his "don't bother me" time. It was usually a sunday afternoon activity for him (while listening to Ministry, mind you). I think he ruined me. I hate ironing now. I have discovered the Dillards iron-free shirts for Jer. He has learned to deal with it even tho he had a mother that ironed for him.

d. I wish you would have started yelling and running after Ned. That is so great! Why didn't you have your picture taken with him? Don't you need life insurance?

e. So, the blog with you and Rebecca: I would be a fan. I love reading your blog. And, since I don't know Rebecca (only thru you), I would love to watch/hear/read about how she talks back to your crap. How can that not be entertaining?

oh. . BTW I pull over when I see any kind of emergency vehicle coming. Watch who you're talking to, mister! I take my perfect ticketless/accidentless driving record seriously. Actually, I pull over.. wait.. one one thousand, two one thousand.. then pull out and follow. I don't know why it is so exciting, but it's hard for me to resist following. I like to claim that I am making sure no one is hurt, but to be quite honest, it's more entertaining when there is blood.

Kristi Kroeger said...

I think if you and Rebecca feel like the new blog is something you should do, and want to do, then do it. First rule of writing is that writers feel compelled to write. They can't not write. So if this is something you feel you are compelled to do. Do it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Heather said...

OK Chad I don't know who you think you are kidding about being a morning person. I remember coming to your apartment after church on Sunday to find you all still sleeping. And we were on the LATE church schedule. I'm just not buying it Mr.

I'm wondering why scones didn't make the list of favorite foods...or BJ's cookie dough?

I did not know that "Groove is in the Heart" tidbit. I'm hoping that you'll perform it for us if we ever actually all get together for a bbq.

As for the blog idea. I say go for it! I'm sure it will be very entertaining.

The Sumsions said...

My first comment is actually for your wife and this may sound a little crazy since I don't know her, but tell her cuz she'll appreciate it. She does not even look pregnant - what the heck? She looks HOT and you better tell her I said that.

Second, I love the post, as always. I liked the "wait for it, wait for it," comment almost more than seeing Ned Ryerson.

Next, I'm with Aimee. I ALWAYS pull over for emergency vehicles and curse those who keep on driving like they're going to out-run you. Do they not know that the siren screams "emergency" which is more important than missing a manicure. C'm on, people!

Second to last, if you feel compelled to write, I will read. Try it out!

Last, what the heck kind of car did you get? You don't comment that you got it and then not say?

Anonymous said...

My first thought was exactly the same as Angie, is Rebecca really pregnant or is she just making it all up to milk the situation? I like her, but she doesn't look pregnant, I look more pregnant then her!

I love reading your writing. YOu do have a gift. I would love to see what you and Rebecca did together. It could be like the movie with Kevin Bacon, not footloose, but the He said She said movie. It would be fun to have something that happened and have both of your point of views to what you both thought happened. I need to learn to write. Whatever you do, it will be fun to see.

PS do you get a discount with Disneyland with how often you go?

Hendricksonblog said...

So I guess i should have scrolled down and read the last page of your...........NOVEL!!!!!
You guys are ridiculous with Disneyland but I am just jealous because I would not fit behind the seatbelt.
I hate the snooze button and I bet Rebecca hates you when you push it and wake her up every five minutes.....get your lazy butt out of bed the first time so everyone elses sleep can stay uninterupted.
For all those who dont know Rebecca is always beautiful and its her trick because she is really, really mean. Okay just kidding but does everyone remember when Chad said they were done having kids? Who's the father this time? I hate that you commented on the car and didn't say what it is but you are redeemed for sticking to your non-mini van vow because you realize they have room for FIVE children right?
I like the blog idea, I critique Jamies book she is writing so I will tell you if it is crap.
Brad did iron Matt's underwear.
Do Brad and Chad remind anyone else of Bert and Ernie?
BTW----I blow up each picture and look at it.
Not to make anyone self conscious or anything.

Amy said...

When did you go to Disneyland? I thought your wife has been pregnant for awhile! She looks great! We wanted to go this Oct/Nov, but Dave decided to get a new TV instead. Sorry kids, maybe next year. Or when your 30...

Thank you for not tagging anyone else. I am completely with you on the blog music thing-can't stand it (sorry). Would you even iron your jeans if they had wrinkles in them?

If you and your wife were to start another blog, I would read it, I am curious to see how she responds to your "crap"! As for topics, you could always start with the current Presidential situation. That's always fun. You could talk about how your version of this pregnancy is easier than the other two verses her version. Good luck!

NT Weekes Family said...

Ok, Seriosly!-Disneyland-- AGAIN!
WOW! Get a Job their! :o)
ok, about the "idea"...I like reading your stuff-- your personality shows through your writing... now Rebecca, I wouldn't know, because she never writes me back when I e-mail her. :o)
I'm glad Rebecca's pregnacy is going well! I can't wait to find out what sex the baby is! talk to ya later!

Becky said...

Hiya Chad. It's me Becky Fish (formerly Bezzant).

Fun post! I would love to read the "He Said/She Said" blog.

Your family is so cute. It has been fun to read about them a bit.

BTW-I think someone should tell April that she should learn to express herself better. I mean really...we all have to totally guess how you feel about things LOL! Too funny!

Stephanie said...

1. Liar, liar pants on fire. You can NOT be a morning person.
2. Next, you guys seem to keep Disney in business. Would you believe my kids have NEVER been. We're going to plan a trip here soon, maybe next years. We're open to suggestions and tips.
3.You are going to regret not buying a Honday Odyssey Touring. I promise.
4. Yes, you should do a blog with Rebecca, cause it would be fun to get to 'know' her.
5. I'm with Aimee. I ALWAYS stop at the sound or sight of an emergency vehicle. I pull over, stop, wait, check for others that could be coming behind. Let the jerk who's fire-truck chasing whip past me, then carefully merge back onto the road, using my signal and observing the speed limit. We're not all so dumb as you think.

Chad said...

Wait a minute Steph and others... I never said you guys were the dumb ones. I said 90 percent of the world is dumb, I have obviously chosen friends from the upper 10% of the population.

Hendricksonblog said...

Does everyone on here know that I am full of crap? I hope so, especially Rebecca since I was dogging on her. Okay now my post pregnancy anxiety sets in and I worry that I offended people. I'll go take a pill.
Chad and Rebecca are two of my favorite people on a not very long list of favorites.
April