18 November 2011

Yeah, we've been doing stuff!

Just not much to blog to the world about. Of course I am implying that the world consists of the 4 of you that read these posts.

Halloween came and went, as I am certain you already know, but what you don't know is what we looked like on Halloween! So here's a photo. I went as white trash, Rebecca went as a pirate wench, Tierra was a robot, Eli a mummy, and Haylee a witch. The kids decided upon their own costumes, and Rebecca built them. I love free candy.

A few weeks ago, I had to make my own cereal with a banana cut up into it. For years I have wanted to try my cherrios with a banana, and I asked Rebecca to make it for me again and again. She never would. Well, I had had enough, it was time to try this cereal configuration and Rebecca's lack of wanting to make it for me was not going to stop me any longer. So I made it. It was good. I hope for one of two things now: that Rebecca decides to make it for me regularly, or that I break down and do it for myself again sometime.

It has been a while since we have done a "news" post for the friends and family that care, so here we go. As a family we went and got family pictures taken. It was a project. Neither me or the kids can smile on command. Our patient photographer did the best she could, so we will have to see how they turn out.

Rebecca ran the Disney half marathon again. Doing something like that one time can be excused as a lapse of judgement, but when you do it twice, you know something is wrong in the head! Good job Rebecca. She went to Disneyland without any other family member, which is another unfair part of our recent past, but had a good time. She beat last years time, and met her goal time. She had fun in Disneyland too, making Eli and me jealous because she met Boba Fett!

Tierra turned 8 this past September and hence was baptized. She was so excited to do so and loved having family and friends support her in her big day. She loves going to second grade and enjoys spending time with her friends. She is such a good student, and very smart...just like her dad.

Eli is obsessed with anything electronic. He rotates from Wii to Xbox to Iphones if we let him. Hopefully this turns into something financially amazing with him in the future so he can take care of his parents in the future. Eli: when you read this, remember that I always let you play on my phone. You can reward me with a Jag. He really got into the mummy costume too. Until I told him Mummy's didn't have electronics.

Haylee is growing up too fast. She is a stay at home 2.5 year old and has started watching the Simpsons with me. She also echos some of the lines from the cartoon and laughs. Some people would suggest that the Simpsons are not the best cartoon for an almost three year old to watch, but we cancel out the bad of the Simpsons by letting her watch endless hours of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as well.

I am excited for winter only because I am hoping that the sooner it gets here, the sooner it will end. Hope all is well for each of you.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Chad, Chad, Chad. A Jag? I'm so disappointed in you!!!!

Love the update. Love The Simons Family!

Take care!

Hendricksonblog said...

Chad chad chad. You haven't had banana in cheerios? I'm so disappointed in you!!! It is good though
I was just thinking of you as I was reading reviews for the Disneyland Adventures for the KINECT. You have it yet? any good?

Anonymous said...

Your wife makes your cereal? We need to talk.

Simpsons are actually ok to watch with a three year old, it's the 10 and 12 year old that probably shouldn't watch them! Did you see the Halloween special where Homer could only communicate with farting? I think that made Jared cry!

Natalie said...

I agree with Angie on The Simpsons and ages to watch. And, I agree with April on the banana cereal combo. Bananas also go good with sugar cookie, unfrosted. You take a bite of cookie, then bite of banana, then repeat.

If your wife makes your cereal, there is a problem. Get help now.

Aimee said...

I think there are five people that read your blog now.

So cheerios and bananas are a favorite combo of mine. And I love that I buy cheerios and bananas and no one in the house eats them but me. And I make it all by myself every time I have a bowl.

It's pretty funny to look at your white trash picture and then the baptism picture. I wonder which dad your kids like better. White trash dad is pretty funny.

I'm with you on winter. Please come.. and then go.. fast.