02 April 2011

Rejooovenated

These last two days of warm weather have sure been nice, even though I know its Faux Spring just to tease us. It was a pleasant surprise, however, to wake up to such a nice day. Winter has really dragged, and my productivity has surged downward faster than Vanilla Ice's career. This small taste of Spring though, really kicked things up again. I made the same face that Brockbank junior high school made collectively as the first few beats of "The Electric Slide" started to play at the after school dances. That face that captures utmost excitement and realized anticipation of awesomeness. (Tell me I'm wrong, tell me you were not excited to do the electric slide. I dare you.) New Years should be in the Spring. I bet resolutions would last longer.

I am not sure how you got through the winter this year, but I barely made it by watching all 4 seasons of Chuck on DVD. I had never watched the show prior to 3-4 weeks ago, and now I am hooked. It helps that the female lead is gorgeous, but I am also "all-in" on the story too. I should really ski all winter again.

What else have we been doing? Here it goes:

Haylee: Turned 2 years old last month. Definite "Daddy's girl." She lights up whenever I come home, sometimes even if it was only a trip to the mailbox. I am sure this is not our fault at all, but she loves everything Winnie the Pooh. In a related-yet weird-story, she gets very excited when Pete (a less known Disney Bull) shows up on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She also loves to wedge in behind me on the couch and says, "Smash Dad." This means she wants me to lay back and smash her between me and the couch. When I do it, she grunts and fights for a second before beginning to squeal, and then when I stop asks me to do it again.

Eli: Its all about electronics for Eli. First thing in the morning, barely awake, he wanders in and asks to play either my Iphone, or the Wii. If I say "no" to one, he asks for the other. If we do not allow either of these then he wants to listen to my Ipod. He is on the verge of out of control. We often take away all electronics privileges and it about kills the kid. He was "grounded" for the week from them this week, when Rebecca jokingly said that if he ate a huge earthworm he could play as much as he wants for the rest of the week. He did it. He ate a freaking earthworm just to get Wii time back. The kid complains about having to eat good dinners, yet gulps down an earthworm for the Wii. Go figure. He does go to Kindergarten in the afternoons. He loves school.

Tierra: First grade maniac. Loves school. Loves her friends at school, and loved April Fools Day yesterday. Brings a tear of joy to my eye. She was so excited to do anything that would allow her to yell "April Fools!" afterwards. Her teacher at school often gets her and another girl mixed up, so the two of them got the same haircut, had us get the same shirt and pants, and they dressed up like each other for the day, switching names and seats as if there was a substitute teacher. They loved it and thought it was the ultimate first grader April Fools trick. She is also taking piano and enjoys playing, but fights us on practicing. She is an amazing artist. She draws about a hundred things a week on scratch papers. She also plays a mean guitar broom.

Rebecca: Mom extraordinaire. She is excited to get the garden going finally. The warm weather is also preferred by her, for so many of the things she enjoys: garden, running, mowing the lawn, washing the cars. (Ok, I got carried away with subliminal tests). Rebecca plans to run the Disney half marathon again this coming labor day. She loved it last year, and almost did not get in this year, but joined a waiting list for registration and just found out yesterday that she is in. She needs someone to go to Anaheim with her...any takers? Still serves in the Young Women's and enjoys it as well.

Me: Just got called into the EQ as 1st Counselor. Looking forward to the new challenge. I guess it means I have to do my home-teaching now. I have not been good at home-teaching since college, and that was only because I had a crush on the girl I was assigned in my singles ward. I was promoted at work back in December, so my job has changed a little bit. I was promoted to Captain. My job now is to run a fire station. I have been assigned in Draper, at the Suncrest station...the 'House on the Hill.' My job responsibilities have changed. I am no longer responsible for emergency patient care, but for scene and resource management. I like it. There are many things to learn, and many challenges, but it is something I went after, and I am glad to have been promoted. Other than that, I am looking forward to warm weather, upcoming vacations, baseball trips, and beaches. (Not the movie.)

This ends our blogging absence. Now you know everything about us once again. Except the stuff I forgot, but technically, if I forgot it, then I don't know it about us either.

8 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

uh huh and my blog puts annoying songs in peoples heads!

I think Dave would eat an earthworm too if you did that to him.

For the record: I have never nor still don't know how to do the electric slide.

Have you watched HOUSE? its a good one.

Neve also loves Pete....must be a two year old thing. She kept looking for him at Disneyland.....can you have a talk w/them about that?

Julia said...

Love the update, Chad! Such a super cool, cute family. Congrats on your promotion. I'm not surprised one bit. You're just over the hill from me now...

I had to laugh because Noah is a 50/50 mixture of Tierra and Eli. He's obsessed (OBSESSED!) with electronics, and he is an amazing artist. Scrap paper doesn't stand a chance within 2 feet of that kid.

I would harass you about updating more, but we all know I have no room to say anything...

xoxo

Aimee said...

Welcome back. I also have no room to talk about blog updates. I am going to teach April the electric slide.

Danielle said...

i love how you write about your kids. you seem like a good dad. :)

congrats on the promotion!!! wow, big-time! i'm sure you've earned it, way to go!

Anonymous said...

Worms....who would of thought?

We should plan a field trip day and come and see you up on the hill at your new station!

My Crazy Family said...

He seriously ate an earth worm??? Go Eli!!! haha Tierra cracks me up love the guitar broom picture!!!

Jolene_Gary said...

Wow...I have to read your blog to catch up with your family. Love the update. (earth worms....?? I'm gagging now... lol

Amy said...

So long to you on Facebook, but I'm still following your blog. Please don't stop writing!