15 September 2010

13.1 (Start of a Tradition)

Rebecca celebrated Labour Day (spelling modified for my Canadian readers), by working her butt off and running 13.1 miles. The day she had been training for arrived. She woke up before the Californian Roosters and ran Disney's annual half marathon. She beat her goal time of 2 and a half hours by 1 minute. We are so proud of her. She wants to do it all over again next year. She is starting to recruit a gaggle of runners, so any interested reader should let her know that you are interested in being on Team Rebecca. (The name is up for negotiation, but Edward, Jacob, and the Denver Broncos will not be options, ever.) Rebecca's younger brother Scott ran it with her this year. He did really well also, finishing in 1 hour 50 minutes.



Since Rebecca was running in Disneyland, and all around Anaheim, we felt it appropriate to drive down with her to support her. And since we were so close to Disneyland, we decided to spend a few days in the park as well, but only because we were so close. Similar to other trips, we had a blast. Not similar to any trips, Rebecca's mom, Linda came with us this time. I am not sure if she will admit it, but she had a blast. Scott also brought his girlfriend, Justine. Disney should pay us to be a recruiter family. Seriously. I am not sure how much money we have made them by encouraging people to join us there, but it's a lot.



We also were given free tickets to an Angels game. Sweet seats too. Five or six rows back in left field. Our whole family enjoys baseball games, but I am by far the biggest nut. One cool thing though, a few weeks before this (provide your own noise indicating rewind) we were at a Bees game. At this game, Eli got an autograph on a ball from the center fielder, Peter Bourjous. Fast forward back to Labour Day at the Angels game, and Peter Bourjous has been called up and is now the starting center fielder for the Angels. So that was pretty cool for the kids. Eli was so excited that it just exhausted him.



So now vacations are over, school has started, and summer is nearly over. 6 more days to be exact. Tierra loves full day school and Eli is loving Kindergarten. Haylee is happy to be the one getting full time attention while they are gone. She is a Winnie The Pooh fan, though we are not sure why...oh yeah, Disney trips.



Our chickens have started laying eggs, our garden has yielded much fruit, and the dog still poos everywhere. Life is good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the word gaggle, one of my favorites.

Figure out how to make the dog not poo so much and then let me know. I want in on that.

PS. Way to go Rebecca.

The Sumsions said...

One way to have less poo - smaller dog. I don't know what kind you have but I like our small dog poops much better than those that a Great Dane would produce, which is the kind of dog my kids REALLY wanted. Too bad for them.

Great job Rebecca! I would love to join team Rebecca, but I say it can't be team Bella either!

Natalie said...

Ha ha. Angie S. just said she "like(s) our small dog poops."

That sounds really fun. Half marathons are enjoyable. Maybe I'll have to join the team. . . even though I don't know your wife or any of her friends. But my kids would love Disneyland.

Hendricksonblog said...

You would love his wife too Natalie. This was a good post until everyone talked about Dog Poop. Worse than Mayo, crumbs, or chewed gum in my gag reflex kicking in book.
I ran 5.2 miles and I think I might just stick there for a while. Yeah I'm lame.
Jealous of the Disneyland trip, not so much the runnin'

3 "Pease" in a pod said...

Way to go Rebecca!!! Too bad Disneyland doesn't have a frequent flyer program...

Stephanie said...

Good job, Rebecca. I only run if the chocolate chip cookies are burning in the oven. But I really appreciate the invite. :)

The Sumsions said...

So...uh... maybe like is too strong a word...thanks for pointing that out Nat :)

Vanisi Family said...

Blah blah Disneyland. Blah blah baseball. Do you do anything else?? Haha, just kidding. Rebecca running is awesome!

Heather said...

Wow, you do go to Disneyland OFTEN. Seems like everytime I look at your blog you've been to visit. Of course, I've been pretty pathetic about reading blogs, but I'm hoping to turn a new leaf on that. Someday we should all go to an Angel's game together. Steve is a HUGE fan!